My newest, and currently favorite, latte invention is a rosemary-mint latte. The ingredients are simple, probably already in your home, and very inexpensive if they’re not. The rosemary-mint syrup is quick to make and will last a solid week or two (depending on how addicted to coffee you are).
Below is a photo of everything you’ll need + whatever “creamer” you use–whether that be skim milk, whole milk, coconut milk, packaged creamer, soy, or whatever. I omitted that from the photo since that’s generally very specific to whoever’s making the latte!
Ingredients for Latte
2-3 ice cubes for an iced latte
1/2 cup of coffee
1/4 cup of rosemary-mint syrup [ingredients/directions for syrup below]
Spritz of milk/creamer–optional
- Grab your mug and throw in the ice cubes if you’re making an iced latte
- Pour the coffee and rosemary-mint syrup, and mix
- Add spritz of milk (creamer)
Ingredients for Rosemary-Mint Syrup
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
1 sprig of rosemary
2 sprigs of mint
Mason jar–or sealable container–to store excess
- Mix sugar and water in a pan over medium heat until sugar begins to dissolve
- Throw in rosemary and mint and stir for approximately one minute
- Pour into a mason jar to save for continued use.
Published on August 17, 2015 updated on 15 April 2022