Post-baby clothes are a nice thing to have after the baby is born. Even continuing to wear maternity clothes isn’t bad, but some can fit funky and eventually or immediately (ideally) they won’t fit very well at all. So, today I’ll focus on a few great post-baby items to stay comfy or help reshape body after baby.
Comfortable and/or helpful post-baby wear:
- Yoga pants–of course, of course, anything with an elastic band that hugs your legs and hips comfortably but isn’t suffocatingly tight is going to be ideal for after baby
- Nursing tanks–these are perfect to wear under shirts or as is at home for when you need to nurse (or even, at first, if you’re not nursing)
- Loose fitting, low-cut shirts–amazing… once again, simple to breastfeed or take off to breastfeed and not revealing enough to show the not-so-confident, post-baby bod.
- Postpartum support or abdominal wrap–yes, they’re said to at least help in getting the pre-baby shape back, which works for some, but beyond that, wraps, girdles, etc. give support, help with posture and can help with comfort as well.
- Gra-ny panties and disposable–the hospital will provide disposables which are the best and most comfortable in my opinion, plus they can be thrown away (because guess what, you’ll bleed afterwards). It’s also a good idea to invest in some comfy underwear you won’t care to wear again.
- Nursing bras–of course if you’ll be nursing, a few comfy fitting nursing bras are ideal. So much easier to function and nurse with.
The Countdown List:
1. Create the segment “Countdown to Oliver” and make list
2. Make a hospital bag
3. Create a baby registry
4. Prepare the baby’s space
5. Set-up pediatrician visit/appointments
6. Install the car seat
7. Pampering day
8. Prepare birthing plan
9. Wash shower curtains, rugs and sheets
*Reader’s idea* Virtual gift-opening
11. Finish an art project
12. Finish a book
13. Create an exercise regimen for the final 4 weeks
14. Take a sewing class and make something for the newest babe
15. Have a special mom and daughter day with Ella
16. (Re)organize files and paperwork
17. Finalize plans with the OB
18. Prepare for visiting family
19. Cleaning day
20. *Reader’s idea* Clothe diapering
21. Meal prep (frozen meals)
22. Write a letter to the new baby
23. Design birth announcements
24. Date night
25. Invest in post-baby clothes
26. Clean pumping and feeding items
27. Take a class
28. Clean the carpets and floors
29. Stock up on toiletries and groceries
30. *Reader’s idea* Put feet up and rest